Friday, February 27, 2009

Reminiscences: Serving with the Indian Army in Sri Lanka by a former Head, Intelligence,

feb 26th, 2009

war crimes are being perpetrated on the tamil civilians of sri lanka by both the sri lankan army and by the LTTE. 

unfortunately the LTTE has become so identified with the tamils that it is difficult to give the hindu tamil civilians the attention they need. the LTTE, which is really a christist entity, has essentially hijacked the poor hindu tamils, who have been victimized ever since independence.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sri 


Subject: For SG and GT: Reminiscences: Serving with the Indian Army in
Sri Lanka - by a former Head, Intelligence, IPKF 1987-1990

ORIGINAL ARTICLE in TAMIL WEEKLY:
 http://transcurrents.com/tc/2009/02/reminiscences_serving_with_the.html

Reminiscences: Serving with the Indian Army in Sri Lanka

 By Col. R. Hariharan

"Meet this Army officer. He is the man who killed our son," the middle
aged man pointed at me as he introduced me to his wife. My wife was
shocked. But I knew his pain, so I was nonchalant. It happened in 1989
in my own home in Chennai. I knew them quite well in Jaffna. In fact,
their house was the first one I visited when I set foot on the red
earth of Jaffna on August 5, 1987 as part of the Indian Peace Keeping
Force. His 18-year old son was also there. The handsome young fellow
was a "Tamil Tiger" of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. In Jaffna
everybody called them "Boys."

... deleted

No comments: