- Paki-North Korean connection? Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant's network was hacked, officials confirm... KKNPP said that the plant "and other Indian Nuclear Power Plants Control Systems are standalone and not connected to outside cyber network and Internet... Any Cyber attack on the Nuclear Power Plant Control System is not possible."
- Lessons from Maharashtra: Voters have not forgotten the state govt's proposal to set up a Muslim burial ground near the 11th century Shiv mandir in Ambernath and a Ganapati immersion ghat. At various times, the Fadnavis govt proved itself more 'secular' than the Congress-NCP.
- God save this nation: India keeps buying pig extract from China to make drugs despite swine flu in the dragon's belly.
- Bringing Cauvery Back: Efforts of local youth raise the hope of a bumper crop in Tamil Nadu’s Cauvery delta. “While some made fun of us, others tried to discourage us, saying we will not be able to go on with our initiative beyond a week, as only the PWD was best equipped to do the work,” says Nimal Raghavan, a techie by profession and a resident of the area.
- The economic value of birds: Seed Dispersal and Pollination, Pest Control, Scavengers and Sanitary Services
- Amazon: 11.2 BILLION in profit, $0.00 paid in federal tax.
- Czechs get a taste of Han "friendship": "It was quite obvious that the only thing that the Beijing side was focused on was their propaganda, and not the political or cultural exchange we were interested in".
- There's Just Nothing: "There is no such thing as a person. The person merely appears to be, like the space within the pot appears to have the shape and volume and smell of the pot".
- Housing crisis and corporate responsibility: While Google is showing responsibility for the Bay Area housing crisis, Apple built its 175-acre “Spaceship” campus with no housing or access to major transit lines. Not everyone thinks Google is doing enough, but few housing experts have any kind words for Apple. “They have walled themselves inside their mini-Pentagon as if they don’t participate in community life here. So I welcome Apple to come to the table and be part of the community that they benefit from.” . . . . . . atleast Apple paid market rate for the land unlike Infosys in Karnataka.
#amazon's dominance in the US (from an article in the atlantic). the #BigTech most ready for antitrust breakup?— राजीवः श्रीनिवासः (@RajeevSrinivasa) October 30, 2019
40% of ecommerce
50% of cloud computing
42% of books sold
1/3 of streaming market
11.2 BILLION in profit, paid $0.00 in federal tax
we need a local champion.