I laugh that VATICAN has time, personnel & finance to indulge in such fantacies today & go on conducting such a study -- Dr. Mrs. Hilda Raja
-- Hell has different ways of punishing males & females...
- Did the Pope go to hell to supervise this 'Important' VATICAN STUDY'?
- How many Bishops/Cardinals followed him to hell to assist in this 'great' Study?
- By what mode of transport did all of them go hell?
- What is the distance and duration of journey from Vatican to hell?
- How many days did they all stay in hell?
- How was their board & lodge in hell?
- Who was their host in hell?
- And finally, on what date did all of them safely return to the Vatican?
-- Questions pestering our Readers...
from hilda raja
date Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM
subject Re: Vatican Study: Hell has different ways of punishing males and females...
To be frank the very concept of heaven and hell which the Catholic church and the other churches hold according to me is invalid.
I felt like laughing that VATICAN has time personnel and finance to indulge in such fantacies today, spend so much and go on conducting such a study.
- Is it worth replicating even quoting?
- Must be senility at the peak!
- Is hell a concrete laid out place to stand wheels and rotate women on it?!
- Wonder who the rotaters are?
- Who are the ones who will throw fireballs and brimstones on the men sinners?
- Does it mean that the billions and billions and billions... will be physically tortured?
- After death will one re-emerge in ones body?
- Is the Supreme Being a sex discriminator to award punishment according to the sex?
- Who ranges the sins hierachically?
The whole thinking is regressive medieval and the church seems to be caught in its own torture chambers and the Inquisition period and cannot come out of it!
I feel the whole study is trash.
-- Dr. Mrs. Hilda Raja
* * *
Vatican Study: Hell has different ways of punishing males and females...
from Krishen Kak
date Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:10 PM
subject Men and women sin in different ways: Study
London (PTI): It seems hell has different ways of punishing male and female sinners, for a study claims that men are most likely to commit lustful misdeeds while women are beholden to conceit.
According to the study, approved by the Vatican City, men are the ones whose souls end up being pelted with fire and brimstone while the women's souls are likely to be broken on a wheel in hell.
Monsignor Wojciech Giertych, personal theologian to Pope Benedict XVI and the papal household, said there was "no sexual equality" when it came to sin. "Men and women sin in different ways," he wrote in Vatican's L'Osservatore Romano.
Pride ranks only at no five for men, who are likely to have indulged in so much lust and gluttony that they are too slothful to feel angry, proud, envious or avaricious. Women, on the other hand, are not averse to lust, but are primarily occupied with pride, envy and anger. Sloth does not set in until after gluttony and avarice.
"When you look at vices from the point of view of the difficulties they create you find that men experiment in a different way from women," Monsignor Giertych was quoted by The Times as saying.
His own observations confirmed the survey, an analysis of confessional data carried out by Roberto Busa, a Jesuit priest celebrated for his computerised study of the works of St Thomas Aquinas. "Diverse cultural contexts generate diverse habits -- but human nature remains the same," he said.
Men and women sin in different ways: Study
Atrocities, Inquisitions & Crusades