Wednesday, May 04, 2016
Khan has been seen with various intolerant extremist types, including Suleiman Ghani, who has openly voiced support for ISIS.
He has also attacked moderate Muslims who criticize Muslim intolerance, by calling them 'Uncle Toms':
You'll never see any Hindus putting their foot forward to run for higher office, because they don't like to stick their necks out.
Monday, May 02, 2016
NAVIC (NAVigation by Indian Constellation) is also a soundalike for the Sanskrit word 'Navika' (नाविक), which means sailor or navigator. The opportunities and benefits from exploiting this particularly Made-for-India technology could generate a lot of activity for India's software industry among others.
Sunday, May 01, 2016
- Modern Silk Road: The rail service linking China and Europe is twice as fast as sea shipment yet twice as expensive, so rail makes sense only for high-value products or goods with short shelf lives.
- Direct taxes: Only 4% Indians filed Income Tax returns in 2015-16. Maharashtra pays 40% of India's income tax.
- Solar hurdles: SunEdison bankruptcy floods India market for green projects
- Videshis go for desi ghee: How 'ghee' made a comeback after research showed that saturated fats have no link to obesity. The sales of top Indian ghee brands like Amul and Gowardhan have risen by nearly 30% over the last year.
- Avoid refined oils, go for filtered oils:
- 6 Health Benefits of Ragi: A Wonder Grain
Saturday, April 30, 2016
Perhaps the technology could be used for passport records, or birth certificates, or other things which are vulnerable to being doctored or forged. A citizenship registry? Issuance of licenses or permits?
IBM and others are currently betting big on Blockchain technology:
Friday, April 29, 2016
- Erdogan's plan to expel Kurds: Visa-free travel to EU for Turkish nationals.
- Prejudice against Hinduism on the rise in India: Judges should not dictate religious practices. Political activists should not be allowed to use temples for political agitation.
- Why Ayaan Hirsi Ali’s Criticism of Islam Angers Western Liberals: She is the object of vitriol by some on the left, for whom a narrative of the Muslims as victims and the West as victimizers is precious and comfortable.
- Tougher vehicle emission standards: China will become the toughest regulatory regime in the world over the next five years. Honda has said the 47-mpg standard will require it to sell only hybrids in China by 2025.
- Sun salutations with mantras:
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
I think it would be nice if Trump and Modi could replicate the famous 'Ron-Yasu' relationship between US President Ronald Reagan and Japan's Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone, which smoothed over US-Japan ties. Trumpism and Moditva share a lot in common:
Trump has virtually locked up the Republican Party nomination after a big win in his home state of New York, and a string of further victories last night.
The positive turn for Trump's campaign has been attributed to the elevation of experienced campaign consultant Paul Manafort.
Ironically, Trump is said to be unhappy with Manafort, who incidentally has worked as a lobbyist for Ghulam Nabi Fai and his Kashmiri American Council in the past:
Fwd: d- Ten behavioural traits India must change to successfully counter Pakistan by sanjeev nayyar in Firstpost.com
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
One of the reasons why India is unable to deal with the Pakistan problem is its faulty thinking. The Pakistani establishment (ISI, Army, Government) knows how to expose our fault lines because India's behaviour is so predictable. It is able to keep India on the defensive and export terror relentlessly.
Amongst the many teachings of The Holy Gita and Kautilya's Arthashastra, Pakistan has incorporated two into their India containment strategy.
The Gita repeatedly refers to the importance of perseverance. Pakistan has been implementing its plan to bleed India with a thousand cuts for decades.
The six methods of foreign policy enunciated by Kautilya include "Vigraha - hostilities is another instrument of foreign policy. It is classified into open war, secret war - attacking the enemy in a variety of ways, taking him by surprise; and undeclared war, clandestine attacks using secret agents and occult practices".
Since 1947, Pakistan has followed these teachings to the T.
A solution to the Pakistan problem depends on our soch - As we think, we shall become.
To read full article CLICK on Link above.
Also read two more articles by me.
1. What stops me from loving Pakistan - http://www.dailyo.in/politics/india-pakistan-kashmir-gwadar-khalistan-kargil-dawood-ibrahim-kandahar-ghulam-ali-kasuri-book-launch/story/1/6817.html
2. Understanding the sub-continent Muslim mind through Dr Ambedkar - http://www.esamskriti.com/essay-chapters/Understanding-the-Muslim-mind-through-Dr-Ambedkar-1.aspx
to unsubscribe write back
Fwd: India does a U-turn, cancels visa+China Remains a Proliferation Concern+Diplomatic chess in Cam Ranh Bay highlights Vietnam's dilemma +Kathmandu faces fuel shortage
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
to unsubscribe write back
Date: Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:39 AM
Subject: Modi governm
Saturday, April 23, 2016
- Western Caste System: Companies are becoming adept at identifying wealthy customers and marketing to them, creating a money-based caste system.
- Hema Malini got Rs 70 cr land for Rs 1.75 lakh: The land in question is reserved for a garden, and allotment has been done on the basis of valuation prevailing as on February 1, 1976.
- Olympics is not a place for movie promotion: What has ambassador (Salman Khan) done in sports?
- 'Kohinoor, a symbol of British loot': "When the last Mughal court moved to Lahore, many artefacts, paintings and manuscripts were taken by the British. Cultural diplomacy must follow distinct laws of repatriation,"
- Cleaner future: Netherlands joins Norway in plans to end new gas, diesel car sales by 2025
- Drug abuse: White Americans Are Dying Younger as Drug and Alcohol Abuse Rises
- The inner teacher:
#PresentMomentReminder from #EckhartTolle. For more reminders, click here: https://t.co/wyHyLVdBKM #quotes #PMR pic.twitter.com/XuU4hQ0xkx— Eckhart Tolle (@EckhartTolle) April 3, 2016