Thursday, November 24, 2005

happy thanksgiving

nov 23rd

to all the folks in the us. nice long 4-day weekend. good luck with 'black friday' shopping.

i hear wal-mart is going to have $399 laptops! that's on my gift list to myself. well, if you guys keep clicking on those ads (thanks kaunteya and s!) i'll get there pretty darn soon.

other grown-up toy items i have been thinking of:
garmin gps-ready pda
ipod nano (my cute little ipod shuffle, sigh, is already old-generation technology)
large-screen lcd tv

of course these are all bourgeois items, nothing really far-out interesting, alas. i guess my tastes are pretty boring.

besides, quite honestly, all of us have a lot to be thankful for. i'd spend a minute thanking the Good Lord (or nature or whatever you atheists believe in) for the bounty that you're enjoying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to Rajeev and all the folks here!

Anonymous said...

Rajeev, let us all cultivate "High Thinking, Simple Living!". Meanwhile you can ship that Largescreen-LCD TV to my address! I have boring tastes too!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh after you wrestle down 100s of shoppers at 5am to get in line for one of the 13 378$.