Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Arabs’ Suddenly Sensitive Feelings

jan 23rd, 2007
 
this is reflected in the kaangress' suddenly sensitive feelings whenever a mohammedan comes to some grief. otherwise they are not sensitive at all.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:
 
The Arabs' Suddenly Sensitive Feelings
- by Mumin Salih

Like all young Muslim, I was brainwashed to believe that Islam is the perfect way of life. My mind was happy to accept everything that came in the Islamic package and carries the Islamic label. Without ever doubting their wisdom, I had no trouble in accepting the Islamic sharia law with all its absurdities like polygamy and wife-beating. However, I had real difficulty in accepting that part in sharia, which deals with corporal punishment (hudud) like cutting off hands and capital punishment for trivial offences such as leaving Islam or criticising Mohammed. During all my 'Islamic years', I deliberately attempted to dissuade such thoughts to intrude my mind, because the mere thought of those draconian Islamic provisions was too disturbing to my natural feelings. So it was a tremendous relief for me, after I left the circle of darkness, to be able to go by my natural human feelings and say a big no to ending anyone's life, even for a proven criminal. After all, I thought, even notorious criminals and serial killers, once in captivity, become only as good as dead.

... deleted

No comments: