Wednesday, February 08, 2006

matthew 10:34-36 etc

feb 7th

in case you were wondering what this stuff was all about: this is the bibilical g*d (or is it jesus?) holding forth on who he is and what he brings forth to humans. pretty grim (and idolatrous too, with that cross bit thrown in).

10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

1 comment:

indusAquarius said...

Some Jesus love this!! Huh, dear Freak on a Leash?

Just a question to all the neo-christoos of India: Do you all love your parents more than your god? If yes then you are blasphemous, if no then this extremely Jealous god of yours is happy and secure that your parents don't pose a threat to him.

Finally, if the answer is that you love your parents as much as you love your god, I'm sorry that idea is one of the core beliefs of Hinduism and is taken. Sorry! Also your god may not like this answer very much at all.