- Desperate Kaangress to try old trick in Maharashtra: Quota for Muslims!
- Energizing India: 35 Gigawatts of electricity capacity is “stranded” because of the shortage of fuel... Listen to this blog, try Solar-Coal Hybrid
- Pedestrians last on road designers' mind: “Not much attention is paid to pavements and zebra crossings. Bangalore ranks very low in the walkability index.”
- China's Tianhe-2 supercomputer remains the world's most powerful. The development of the C919 airliner and drug testing in the Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica were both helped by Tianhe-2's super powers.
- Why People Eat With Their Hands in Kerala: "Our hands and feet are said to be the conduits of the five elements. The Ayurvedic texts teach that each finger is an extension of one of the five elements. The thumb is agni (fire) -- you might have seen children sucking their thumb, this is nature's way of aiding the digestion at an age when they are unable to chew; the forefinger is vayu (air), the middle finger is akash (ether -- the tiny intercellular spaces in the human body), the ring finger is prithvi (earth) and the little finger is jal (water)".
- Juveniles committing rape: Why leniency? Reduce the minimum age to 16.
Rape has become an epidemic. Ramayana&Mahabharata is about going to war for women's honour, so let us devise a deterrent punishment for it
— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) June 5, 2014