Date: Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:57 AM
Subject: Fwd: World Sanskrit Book fair- A Unique Opportunity to Experience Sanskrit
The World Samskrit Book Fair
Samskritam is very much thriving. See it, Believe it, Embrace it!
The Annual World Samskrit Book Fair is a collective effort by all the major Samskrit-related institutions in India and around the world to popularize and stimulate innovation enabled by Samskrit and its rich knowledge base.Through organizing a book fair, we intend to achieve multiple objectives:
- Give a fillip to modern Samskrit research and literature,
- Encourage Samskrit scholars to innovate and publish,
- Create a 'market' for Samskrit publications,
- Instill confidence into Samskrit students about the future of Samskrit as a career path, and
- Popularize Samskrit and mobilize public support for its promotion.
The event is open to the general public of all ages and backgrounds with or without knowledge of the Samskrit language. Though the entire event will be conducted in a totally immersive samskrit environment where all the volunteers interact in Simple Samskrit, people of all ages and backgrounds can easily understand and enjoy.
| || ||Samskrita Bharati|
The venue for the 2011 Samskrit Book Fair has been fixed as the National High School grounds, Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA.
- About 1 lakh (100,000) participants (with diverse levels of Samskrit knowledge) are expected from various parts of India and abroad.
- 10000 Samskrit scholars will be coming as delegates to a conference to be colocated with the fair.
- Delegates from 24 institutions outside India are expected to attend the fair.
- 1008 Samskrit Sambhashana Shibirams will be conducted in Bangalore alone, during November and December, creating at least 30000 new initiates into spoken Samskrit. They will be visiting the fair along with their friends and relatives.
Events at a Glance
|Book Fair|| |
|For Youth and Children|| |
|For General Public|| |
|For Scholars and Students|| |
|For Institutions|| |
|For Publishers|| Unique Sales Opportunity |