- Import dependence rising fast: India is now the 3rd-largest oil importer in the world. Energy imports bill may spike to $230 bn by 2023.
“Diesel demand is being driven by a marked shift towards more manufacturing activity, away from the service sector, under the current government”.
And the outlook for Rupee...?
- Where are the engineers? Only a third of IIT students go on to pursue technology.
- Coming south in search of a bride: The strange case of how women from Kerala are wedding men from Haryana in what often turn out to be disastrous marriages.
- Too Much Pesticide In Your Veggies: 80 per cent of Kerala's vegetables, which come from Tamil Nadu, are highly contaminated, with levels crossing the permissible limit by almost three to five times.
- Name defaulting companies: The RBI should provide readily accessible summary information on its website about all corporate debt defaulters and the amounts involved.
- Indian Railways may be running many premium trains on loss. Eight of the sixteen Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto express trains are incurring operational losses per trip
- Vaidyo Narayano Hari: : What a fall for the medical profession!
India's posh hospitals are money-making rackets. They will and must face the wrath of the public & patients. https://t.co/B9j13lLGHV— Chitra Subramaniam (@chitraSD) June 16, 2015