---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
1. Bangladesh Garments makers seek 50acres of land in Gujarat for Warehouse to supply directly to retail stores in India 8.6.15 http://www.thedailystar.net/business/garment-makers-seek-build-warehouses-india-93610
'Islam said they also demanded removal of India's 12.5 percent countervailing duty (CVD) so that Bangladeshi garment makers can export more.'
2. Modi's charm offensive in Dacca by m hasan 8.6.15 http://www.thedailystar.net/op-ed/politics/modis-charm-offensive-dhaka-93628
'The significant ones are – exchange of Instruments of Ratification of 1974 LBA and modalities for its implementation; $2 billion new line of credit; connecting Dhaka with Agartala and Guwahati by road; renewal of trade agreement; use of Bangladesh ports; and setting up of Indian Economic Zones. India's Reliance Power and Adani Power signed deals with the Bangladesh Power Development Board to invest $5.5 billion to generate 4,600 Megawatts of electricity.
India must not forget that as a lower riparian country, it is having serious problems with China over dams built on the upper reaches of Brahmaputra. Bangladesh, India and Nepal need to seriously engage to manage waters of the Ganges-Brahmaputra basin for the benefit of the people of the region. According to some reports, the Teesta Treaty will be concluded when Sheikh Hasina next visits Delhi.
He has truly behaved like an 'elder brother' and not a 'big brother'.
3. Enthralling Modi, enthusiastic Bangladesh by dr f khatun 8.6.15 http://www.thedailystar.net/op-ed/politics/enthralling-modi-enthusiastic-bangladesh-93559
4. Modi's action packed visit ends 8.6.15 editorial Dailystar http://www.thedailystar.net/editorial/modis-action-packed-visit-ends-93544
5. Controversy over Lipu Lek pass with Nepal 8.6.15 by n nayak http://www.idsa.in/idsacomments/ControversyoverLipu-LekhPass_nnayak_080615.html
6. India's stakes and dilemma in SCO 8.6.15 by p stobadan http://www.idsa.in/idsacomments/IndiasStakesandDilemmainSCO_pstobdan_080615.html
7. Russia loses its strategic sheen with India 8.6.15 by dr subhash kapila http://www.southasiaanalysis.org/node/1791
8. Sino U.S. rivalry in South China Sea: a new norm by prof b r deepak 8.6.15 http://www.southasiaanalysis.org/node/1792
9. manipur ambush was orchestrated by the ISI by lt gen prakash katoch 8.6.15 http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/manipur-ambush-was-orchestrated-by-the-isi/
10. Manipur: Why the Army saw its worst ambush in 20 years by gurmeet kanwal 8.16.15 http://www.dailyo.in/politics/manipur-attack-nscn-k-meitei-northeast-india-act-east-myanmar-isi-ulfa-afspa/story/1/4196.html
to unsubscribe write back
sent from samsung galaxy note3 neo, so please excuse brevity