Tuesday, November 13, 2007

notable anniversaries in november

nov 12th, 2007
 
1. the battle of chushul on 18th nov 1962, see my column "13th kumaon's last stand" at http://in.rediff.com/news/2002/nov/19rajeev.htm
 
2. the temple entry proclamation of 12th nov 1936, that threw open all of travancore's temples to all hindus, righting a historical wrong. see my article on sri narayana guru, see my column "guru-varsham" at http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/aug/30rajeev.htm this event gives me great hope -- hinduism can and will reform. thus hinduism renews itself every 1000+ years. this is one of the reasons we must hold the fort against the unchanging, and therefore obsolete, semitic cults.

1 comment:

Harish said...

IMHO, Rajeev's piece on Shri Narayana Guru is one of his best. I think this was one of his heartfelt pieces..
For all the rabid Xtian missionary and the "Dravidian" types that believe in destroying Hinduism as the way to achieve "egalitarianism", Narayana Guru's life and work hold immensely valuable lessons.

Articles like these instill hope..

I think its been a while since Rajeev came with such a wonderful piece.. It's time for an encore Rajeev :-)!!