- Rafale: "India's put itself in a tricky situation." ... An expensive buy.
- Raagam: All India Radio launches 24hr audio broadcast channel for classical music. The channel will be available through Internet and 'free dish' providing easy accessibility for connoisseurs of art.
- Guess who India's largest landowners are: The Catholic Church owns the largest portion of India's non-agricultural land. ... We need a movement to recover some of this.
- Can India not be on Saudi radar? Saudi Arabia paid $681m to Malaysian PM Najib Razak to help him win the 2013 elections
- Discouraging Arab immigrants: Denmark to confiscate asylum seekers' valuables to pay for their upkeep.
- For India’s middle class, the car is the star: Bureaucrats need to think about how to make public transport attractive to the emerging middle class. That, and not rising car sales, would be a genuine indicator of development and progress.
- Diesel engines: Cheating was an 'open secret' at VW.... South Korea to file criminal charges against VW exec.... New Mexico sues Volkswagen over emissions scandal.... No Diesel cars in Paris by 2020. London might ban them too.
- Tejas in Bahrain skies:
Having undercut its bargaining power by contracting to buy a product, India will negotiate the final price, as it's doing on reactor imports— Brahma Chellaney (@Chellaney) January 25, 2016
#Bengaluru Stuck in a jam? Read this-“Traffucked city of India” 😅 @SaveWhitefield @WFRising https://t.co/izqvcvSmaA pic.twitter.com/ZLwmacimaC— Gautam Shankar (@gautyou) January 21, 2016