- Lance Naik Hanamanthappa Koppad: Survives after being buried under 25 feet of snow for six days.
- Best-paid CEO: Sundar Pichai is getting a record-setting $199 million in stock.
- Vitara Brezza: Maruti's first vehicle to be conceptualised, designed, developed and validated in India.
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth: 29 public sector banks wrote off a combined Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debt between 2013 and 2015.
- How far can you incentivize investment? In the US, in the 1990s, many states were attracting foreign companies by exempting companies from paying education tax. In the southern states, which had given the most such incentives, the companies said that we don’t find skilled people anymore. Mind you, they weren’t looking for high skill necessarily, but even good high school-level people were hard to find because the school system had collapsed and the community colleges were out of business.
So, government investment in social and physical infrastructure is good for industry in the longer run, not just in immediate demand creation.
- Shift in momentum: Russian firepower helps Syrian forces edge toward Turkey border
- Pollution map of India: