- Diesel, petrol prices cut: It’s bad economics; govt should have raised taxes instead. Consider where we would have been if Rs 8,33,482 crore had been available to the finance minister for investment in infrastructure or genuine job creation.
- Tirumala Evangelist: Evangelist Sudhir arrested, admits to offence. Sudhir’s blasphemous video on Lord Venkateswara had gone viral.
- Sex trade: Even as the NCW is likely to pitch for legalization of prostitution before a Supreme Court- appointed panel, women's rights activists say they are not in favor of legal status for sex trade.
- When we eat a dead animal's cells..
- The Art of Stillness: "At some point, all the horizontal trips in the world stop compensating for the need to go deep, into somewhere challenging and unexpected; movement makes most sense when grounded in stillness. In an age of speed, I began to think, nothing could be more invigorating than going slow. In an age of distraction, nothing could feel more luxurious than paying attention. And in an age of constant movement, nothing is more urgent than sitting still." --Pico Iyer, The Art of Stillness.
— Learn Everyday (@TheGoogleFactz) October 27, 2014