Friday, July 03, 2009

Haj pilgrims' passports won't require police verification

jul 3rd, 2009

the mind boggles at the security implications.

but then, maybe not. any terrorist can get a passport anyway by paying rs. 1500.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Naresh K

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-4673744,prtpage-1.cms

 

HAJ Passports without police verification now

by Nisha on Jul 02, 2009 08:50 PM 

 

HAJ Passports without police verification now

 ... deleted

1 comment:

karyakarta92 said...

This is beyond absurd. On my recent trip to India, I applied for renewal of my parents' passports. I had to make 4 trips to the passport office with my parents and wait for hours for the babus to do the needful. This, simply to renew passports for someone who had been first issued theirs almost 5 decades ago. Then followed the police verification. Who says India is a secular country? It is a Mihammedan theocracy with law abiding Hindus paying Jaziya tax.