- Swachh Bharat: Bangalore second among Indian cities with highest air pollution levels (I am experiencing this first-hand these days). The Garden City has 14% of school-going children suffering because of air pollution. While New Delhi is at the first position at 21%, Mumbai is in the third place at 13% and Kolkata is in the fourth place with 9% of school-going children suffering due to air pollution.
- Agriculture in communist Kerala is at the brink of collapse: In 1960-61, Kerala contributed to nearly 70% of the country’s coconut production. In 2011-12, it was at 42%. It dropped further by 2.3% points the next year. In 1960-61 Kerala produced more than 10 lakh tons of rice. By 2012-13 rice production was down to 5.08 lakh tons. By 2012-13, in just a single year, area under rice cultivation had declined by 5.2%, and the production itself dropped by 10.2%.
- BHAVINI: India's first fast breeder reactor to generate power 2015-16
- Obama, Nobel Laureate: US arms Pakistan with combat aircraft, trainer jets
- Fear-mongering by foreign insurance cos?
What's with insurance obsession? India's social systems have been support unlike atomized societies. https://t.co/PiLtvfFnNs @sgurumurthy— Sankrant Sanu सानु (@sankrant) May 8, 2015