Tuesday, September 02, 2008

new reserve bank chief

sep 1st, 2008

subbarao is an iit kanpur product. so far so good.

but he comes from the government department controlled by those great economists, p chidambaram (whose motto is: give me an economy growing at 10%, and i promise that i'll bring it down to the nehruvian rate of growth of 2-3% a year) and manmohan singh (whose motto is: i am a committed stalinist appartchik, a nehru dynasty retainer, and a bigot, and i really had nothing to do with the 1991 reforms, narasimha rao simply used me as a mask).

which makes me wonder what on earth he's going to do.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24280447-20142,00.html

2 comments:

சுழியம் said...

Hey Rajeev,

You dont blurt.

But, the "i really had nothing to do with the 1991 reforms, etc..." shocks me.

Have you already written about this farce? If so, can you please give me the link?

If not, would you please elaborate on this?

Thanks.

cuziyam@gmail.com

witan said...

Anybody who has worked for the World Bank or International Monetary Fund, usually holds allegiance to those two, not his country. During my career as an employee in the public domain, I have come across incidents that show the World Bank is eager to buy out India by gettings its loyals into key decision-making positions, including those in academics.