Monday, September 15, 2014

Quick notes: Pink revolution, Small EVs...

  • Money from slaughter trade goes into killing us: India is killing more animals than ever to feed Bangladesh and the Middle East.


  • Steve J restricted kids' gadgets usage: “So, your kids must love the iPad?” I asked Mr. Jobs, trying to change the subject. The company’s first tablet was just hitting the shelves. “They haven’t used it,” he told me. “We limit how much technology our kids use at home.” I’m sure I responded with a gasp and dumbfounded silence. I had imagined the Jobs’s household was like a nerd’s paradise: that the walls were giant touch screens, the dining table was made from tiles of iPads and that iPods were handed out to guests like chocolates on a pillow. Nope, Mr. Jobs told me, not even close.


  • Toyota's New Transit Idea: Not only do these small EVs make more sense than a full-sized gas-guzzling car for the lone commuter, the new system also helps make the idea of car-sharing more convenient and palatable. 

No comments: