Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tejpal Family Tries to Contact Victim

It seems that a member of the Tejpal family visited the victim's mother in order to ask what the victim "wanted". They seem to be trying to buy her silence.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/tehelka-founder-tarun-tejpal-s-relative-asked-what-i-wanted-journalist-450029?curl=1385219775

The victim has express fear that the Tejpal family are trying to intimidate her:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/my-family-is-being-intimidated-says-tehelka-sexual-assault-victim/1198725/

The victim has issued the following statement to the press:
On the night of 22nd of November 2013, a member of Mr Tejpal's immediate family came to my mother's house in New Delhi, asking my mother to protect Mr Tejpal and demanded to know 1) who I was seeking legal help from and 2) what I "wanted" as the result of my complaint of sexual molestation by Mr Tejpal, that was made to the Tehelka management earlier this week.

This visit has placed tremendous emotional pressure on my family and I at an intensely traumatic time. I fear this may be the beginning of a period of further intimidation and harassment.

I call upon all persons connected to Mr. Tejpal and his associates to refrain from approaching me or my family members. 

I'm surprised that Tejpal's wife is standing by him, despite the humiliation he's inflicted on her.

No comments: