- Hindus robbed by 'Vikas': BJP-led Maharashtra govt to sell vast tracts held by temple trusts. The State Cabinet amended existing laws, allowing transfer of Devasthan Inams land held by individuals and 4,000 temple trusts, including the ones at Shirdi, Siddhivinayak, Pandharpur and Mahalaxmi in Kolhapur.... vikas gando thayo chhe
- Muslims rewarded by 'Vikas': Same govt increases the budget of Haj Committee.
- Shia board's warning: Shia Central Waqf Board urges govt to shut down madrassas in the country, alleging that education imparted in these Islamic schools encouraged students to join terrorist ranks.
- Chinese H1-B: China is issuing long-term visas to lure highly skilled people from abroad to work in the country. Technology leaders, entrepreneurs and scientists from in-demand sectors are among those eligible to apply.
- Growing innovation back home: Chinese workers abandon Silicon Valley for riches back home
- Dharma lesson by Max Muller: What India teaches us is that in a state advancing
towards civilization, there must be always two castes
or two classes of men, a caste of Brahmans or of
thinkers, and a caste of Kshatriyas, who are to
fight; possibly other castes also of those who are
to work and of those who are to serve. Great wars
went on in India, but they were left to be fought
by the warriors by profession. The peasants in their
villages remained quiet, accepting the consequences,
whatever they might be, and the Brahmans lived
on, thinking and dreaming in their forests, satisfied
to rule after the battle was over.
And what applies to military struggles seems to me to apply to all struggles—political, religious, social, commercial, and even literary. Let those who love to fight, fight; but let others who are fond of quiet work go on undisturbed in their own special callings.
- AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda
BJP-led Maharashtra govt says #budget of State Haj Committee will be increased.— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) January 11, 2018