---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sanjeev nayyar
From: sanjeev nayyar
1. Defence offsets- dialoging the U.S. by lt gen prakash katoch 15/1/15 http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/defence-offsets-dialoguing-us/
2. China offers ray of hope to Central Asia 16/1/15 http://en.people.cn/n/2015/0116/c90883-8836948.html
3. Vietnam will cooperate with any country to control China 16/1/15 http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/902277.shtml
4. India set for a bigger role in Lanka by harsh v pant 16/1/15 http://www.srilankaguardian.org/2015/01/india-set-for-bigger-role-in-sri-lanka.html
Indian policymakers will be mistaken if they think that a change of regime in Colombo will lead to a dampening of Sino-Sri Lanka ties. China's role is now firmly embedded in Sri Lanka - economically as well as geopolitically. India will have to up its game if it wants to retain its leverage in Colombo. Rajapaksa or Sirisena, China's role is only going to grow in the island nation. After all, the stakes are just too high in the great game that is being played in the Indian Ocean.
5. Reconciliation process driven by ISI 15/1/15 by G Parthasarathy http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/comment/reconciliation-process-driven-by-isi/30036.html
6. Pakistan reason for escalating firing on IB in Jammu by dr subhash kapila 16/1/15 http://www.southasiaanalysis.org/node/1694
My take – Pakistan is like a child who cries to attract attention. It can do what it wants but will not be able to stop India's march. I am concerned with their sleeper cells in India because they are eating the nation from within, making it weaker. Pak Firing could also be to deflect attention from Chinese incursions – keep Army and Media attention on border. Lastly IB border is mostly inhabited by Hindus for whom the Pakis have little love.
7. Optimising Information Technology by lt gen prakash katoch http://hillpost.in/2015/01/optimizing-information-technology/102140/
8. Petrol shortage in Pakistan 17/1/15 http://tribune.com.pk/story/822478/petrol-shortage-no-fuel-for-miles/
My take – BSF to ensure that no petrol is smuggled across the border in Kashmir Valley and Gujarat.
9. Theology and sense – Appropriateness is very culture-specific by swapan dasgupta 16/1/15 http://www.telegraphindia.com/1150116/jsp/opinion/story_8573.jsp
To unsubscribe write back
sent from samsung galaxy note, so please excuse brevity