Saturday, December 01, 2012

Soft Drink - Prostate Cancer Link

Just a single sugary soft drink per day may raise a man’s risk of developing prostate cancer by 40%, according to a 15-year study. The study compared the dietary habits of the men who had been diagnosed with prostate cancer with those who remained healthy and found a clear link between sugary drinks and the disease. 
Experts believe that sugar triggers the release of the hormone insulin, which feeds tumours. Previous research has flagged up heart attacks, diabetes, weight gain, brittle bones, pancreatic cancer, muscle weakness and paralysis as potential risks. 
Deccan Herald: One soft drink daily ups risk of prostate cancer by 40 pc

1 comment:

Pagan said...

Offtopic:

pSecular High Priest Mahesh Bhatt is a donkey to his son:

Perhaps if Mr Mahesh Bhatt had been a father to me I wouldn't have got into the friendship with Headley. My childhood insecurities, the lack of a father-figure in my growing years were lacunas in my life that Mr Headley used to win over my confidence. I was vulnerable. I had no father to guide me in my growing years.