Friday, September 14, 2012

Use RTI Act to Trace Foreign Missionaries' Illegal Activities in India

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sri venkat
Date: Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 3:37 AM
Subject: Use RTI Act to Trace Foreign Missionaries' Illegal Activities in India

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SANTOSH Ayyalasomayajula

In case, any Foreign Missionary activity (i.e. Christian Propagation or
Evangelism) is going on in your place, anyone can complaint to nearest
Police (SP of the Dist is Preferable).

Your complaint should be address as  Foreigners' Regional Registration
Officer (instead of SP)

However, police do not respond immediately. Then you can follow up your
complaint by filing application under RTI act.

Anyone can ask Visa details of the Foreign Missionary.

Once if you file an RTI application regarding Foreigners who involved in
Evangelism, the same thing may not be happened in that area.

RTI Application should be Addressed as: Public Information Officer,
Foreigners' Regional Registration Officer(FRRO).

And the application is to be sent to: O/o. The Dist Superintendent of

Some more details:

Every foreigner including People of Indian Origin (PIO) visiting India on
Long Term Visa (more than 180 days) on Student, Employment, Business,
Research and missionary visa etc will be required to get themselves
registered with concerned Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO)
within 14 days of his/her first arrival, irrespective of the duration of
their stay. Pakistan Nationals are required to register within 24 hours and
Afghanistan Nationals are required to register within 14 days of their
arrival in India. Pak nationals may report to Special Branch, Police
Bhawan, Asaf Ali Road, Delhi for registration.

Apart from statutory requirement Foreigners Registration is required for
different purposes such as Extension of visa, Change of visa type,
Re-issuance of visa, work permit, Special entry to some parts of India etc.

The Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) maintains offices in New
Delhi, Mumbai (Bombay), Chennai (Madras), Kolkata (Calcutta), Hyderabad and
Amritsar. In smaller cities and towns, the local police headquarters will
normally perform this function.

No comments: