- Muharram has right-of-way: Mamata Banerjee says no Durga idol immersion on Muharram
- Ghar wapsi in quota case: Conversion good, ghar-wapsi bad according to All India Catholic Union and John Dayal.
- Overdue: OBC list to be sub-categorised
- Chinese threat: India tightens power grid, telecom rules. Local firms have long argued against Chinese involvement in the power sector, raising security concerns and saying they get no reciprocal access to Chinese markets.
- China role in floods? "There was no unnatural rain in neighboring Arunachal Pradesh to trigger such a massive flooding in Assam. We need to know where the water came from. There was also no warning from China. Unnatural release of river water could be a ticking hydrogen bomb".
- Killbots: Elon Musk urges the UN to limit AI weapons
- HCCI Explained:
- Lesson for Modi Sarkar: Economists still can’t decide whether the minimum wage is a good thing. A recent study found that a sharp rise in the minimum wage in Seattle led to job losses and fewer hours for low-wage workers—exactly what supply and demand theory would predict
- Targeting India, specifically women:
Both tobacco industry and liquor industry are now targeting India, & specifically women, for growth. https://t.co/ErZb6ys0nY— Oldtimer (@auldtimer) August 19, 2017