---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
From: Sanjeev Nayyar
1. Doklam standoff anniversary: Will China repeat an Aksai Chin? 12.6.18 by Brahma C
com/opinion/doklam-standoff- anniversary-will-china-repeat- an-aksai-chin/story- eebuc8unBPLPUVxFjMW52K.html
But, a year later, it is apparent that an India increasingly mired in domestic politics has failed both to defend Bhutan's territorial sovereignty and to thwart the Chinese threat to its "Chicken Neck". Satellite images show China is building an alternative road from eastern Doklam toward the Jampheri Ridge. So, despite blocking a road construction last summer in Doklam's southwest, India finds its "Chicken Neck" looking vulnerable again. China, with its extensive new all-weather military infrastructure and forward-deployments in Doklam, is now capable of executing deep incursions into India's Siliguri Corridor.
SN – With the Chinese talk less, let actions speak. Remember Chinese love to look good and strong in front of their own people. Also note that in case of war India might have to fight on borders in Rajasthan, Punjab, Jammu, Ladakh, Uttaranchal, Sikkim, Arunachal and Doklam. Will the Russians help us in a war with China-Pak.
The Chinese specialise in winning without firing a bullet. They did that to the U.S. by capturing their markets and also in the South China Sea.
2. Trump n Kim leave the denuclearization details for later 12.6.18 https://asia.nikkei.com/
Politics/Trump-Kim-Summit/ Trump-and-Kim-leave-the- denuclearization-details-for- later
The signed document does not mention a "complete, verifiable and irreversible dismantlement" of North Korea's nuclear weapons and facilities. Trump noted that in the document Kim reaffirms his "unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula." He was implying this commitment is just as good as CVID.
3. Why India cannot delay making its own defence equipment 12.6.18 by Lt Gen P R Shankar https://www.dailyo.in/variety/
defence-equipment-armed- forces-cash-strapped-army- defence-forces-make-in-india/ story/1/24811.html
4. Trump just blew up G7, invites Russia 12.6.18 by Strobbe Talbot https://www.brookings.edu/
blog/order-from-chaos/2018/06/ 11/trump-just-blew-up-the-g-7- now-what/?utm_campaign= Brookings%20Brief&utm_source= hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_ content=63674600
5. Promote complete denuclearization of Korean peninsula 12.6.18 OPED http://www.globaltimes.cn/
5a. How Obama and Trump lost the South China Sea 13.6.18 by Brahma C https://www.livemint.com/
Opinion/ pROZEkOqkt7KurDNk13ECJ/Barack- Obama-and-Donald-Trump-lost- the-South-China-Sea.html
6. Kim Trump talks with pictures 12.6.18 http://www.rediff.com/news/
report/trump-kim-seal-it-with- a-handshake-hold-talks/ 20180612.htm
7. The Indo Pacific and Pakistan 12.6.18 by Zakar A https://tribune.com.pk/story/
sent from samsung galaxy note3 neo, so please excuse brevity