Saturday, October 16, 2021
Friday, October 15, 2021
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Reuters exposes Amazon's dirty tricks in India: A trove of internal Amazon documents reveals how the e-commerce giant ran a systematic campaign of creating knockoff goods and manipulating search results to boost its own product lines in India - practices it has denied engaging in.
Amazon executives including Bezos have maintained it's against company policy to use data from third-party merchants to build future products. Bezos told a congressional committee in July 2020 that Amazon has a policy that safeguards seller data from employee access.
Did the OECD screw India? India may have to withdraw equalisation levy if global minimum tax deal comes through..
"The devil is in the details, including a complex web of exemptions".... will India fall into this trap?
- Solar ambitions: Ambani accelerates push into green energy.
- Overnight fasting: Time-restricted feeding extends healthy lifespan by promoting autophagy (cellular recycling), specifically at night
- Meat-alternatives: Plant-based seafood is taking the spotlight.. India has a lot to lose as it is the top prawn exporter to the US.
- Vegan Meat DiY: Seitan, the wheat meat
- Navratri Special: India imported 87,000 tonnes of ‘sendha namak’ from Pakistan... Neither healthy nor Himalayan.
- China's EV lead: Volvo parent Geely reveals $9,000 EV, bullish on battery swapping. . . . . . Japanese inertia gives China an opening.
- Japan needs drone technology to counter China: Chinese drone company DJI controls around 70% of the commercial drone market. And Beijing promotes its Military-Civil Fusion strategy
- Practice what you preach:
- Transitory support:
- Eroding middle class: America's top 1% now hold more wealth than all of the middle class
- Gen Z's battle with social media addiction:
Indian awe of American brands! Nothing to do with high-tech transfer. Just low IQ consumerism with middlemen like Ambani adding more billions. Is this the path to Vishwa-guru or Vishwa-coolie? https://t.co/eS7P8nQO4C— Rajiv Malhotra (@RajivMessage) October 7, 2021
Milords have asked the Government to ensure 100% vaccination by the end of the year… The Government, in turn, should ask them to clear this 4 Cr pendency by 31 December…— Harish Puri 🇮🇳 (@harishbpuri) September 15, 2021
Please RT if you agree! pic.twitter.com/QKaz1tHecX
Lot of BJP voters (young ones or the ones who dont follow politics closely) think that BJP has some super high core voter base. Modi has expanded core vote from 20% to 25-28%. But thats it. Rest 10% of the votes are non core, can and will leave in some LS elections.— Realist_Indian (@India_Progress) October 8, 2021
Monday, October 11, 2021
Saturday, October 09, 2021
Friday, October 08, 2021
Thursday, October 07, 2021
- India’s Chip Dreams Aren’t Crazy, They’re Just Misguided: While Taiwan is eager to build closer ties with New Delhi, facilitating India's chip fantasy is not high on its priority list given India's lack of expertise in the field. Today, India has a large talent pool of chip designers, but the roster of process engineers is much shorter and certainly not long enough to run a Taiwanese front-end chip factory.
Keen to get their name in a press release alongside blue-ribbon names, generations of Indian leaders seem to have forgotten a far more suitable match: chip packaging and testing.
Anti viral game changer: An oral medication with this type of effectiveness could bring the pandemic to a functional close, turning COVID-19 from a life-threatening experience to a passing respiratory illness that can can be treated at home more often than not.
Indian companies looking to price the drug at ₹880-1,000 for a full course.
Like the vast majority of medicines on the market, molnupiravir was developed using govt funds.
Instagram harms teens: Celebrity Instagram posts detrimental to the self-image of young girls.. 13% of British teenage users and 6% of American teenage users studied traced suicidal thoughts to Instagram.
Indians had a glimpse of life without WhatsApp.
Fraud on advertisers: Facebook misled investors about shrinking user base, ex-employee alleges.
- New technologies can make underwater vessels “visible”: China has already developed submarine-spotting lasers. CSIRO is working with a Chinese marine science institute that has separately developed satellite technology that can find submarines at depths of up to 500 metres.
End of the road for Panjshiris? “What the Taliban have now is unstinting support from the Chinese, fairly unstinting support from the Russians – and of course they have unstinting support from the Pakistanis. They also have in their possession all the war matériel that the Americans could not destroy, and that was substantial. So the Taliban are in possession of one of the world’s largest fleets of Black Hawk helicopters. The Taliban are not terribly technologically sophisticated but their handlers in [Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence agency] the ISI are. They also have Chinese drones and they’re getting assistance in operating them from the ISI.”
“This Taliban is a lot better armed, they are much more capable, they are much more lethal, they have better international ties than the Taliban before 9/11, and in contrast the Panjshiris have less support. Essentially the resistance in Panjshir has failed and they’ve retreated to Tajikistan. And I don’t see a way in which they’ll be able to retake that territory.”
- The Gift: The legend of Shohei Ohtani.
- Child abuse in Church: French Catholic Church inquiry finds 216,000 paedophilia cases since 1950
- How to divide Hindus: The Samuel Reddy playbook.
- Hasdeo Arand forest: Once designated as off-limits to mining, the Hasdeo Arand forest’s status has been steadily undermined by complex legal and administrative manoeuvers by successive governments handing out major contracts.
Caste based reservations in Tirumala Darshan.Yet another mindless,vote bank centric decision by YCP Subba Reddy— Telugu360 (@Telugu360) October 4, 2021
TTD to provide Free Travel,Food and Free accommodation to daily 1,000 members.Eligibility: Backward " Castes"
Ideally,All Free should be on financial basis,not caste
🚨NEW— Akshay Deshmane (@DeshmaneAkshay) October 4, 2021
While we have been distracted by all the ongoing controversies in India, on Saturday, @moefcc quietly began public consultations about some problematic changes it has proposed to one of our key environmental laws.
Worryingly, it has given only 15 days to send feedback. pic.twitter.com/injGPwILci